Feel the Spirit of the Sea
…live the warmth of the sunset, the magic of the whales and the beauty of the sea. Marvel at the sound of the whales, discover this pristine coastal area and, of course, simply relax.
At Crayfish Lodge on the Beach you will certainly be enjoying some of the finest sea, mountain and fynbos views in South Africa, as well as outstanding Gansbaai accommodation.
Everything is just perfect; light-flooded rooms, a terrific panorama from Danger Point over Walker Bay to Hermanus, a small sandy beach just in front and only a few steps to the pool deck. Bottom line: you will enjoy a perfect holiday at Crayfish Lodge.
Enjoy Luxury Seafront De Kelders/Gansbaai Accommodation
This refreshingly modern true seafront guest house is designed for the guests to enjoy superb vistas from every room. Two light-flooded Panorama Suites upstairs, each with a spacious spa bath and -shower, have secluded balconies overlooking the entire Walker Bay area, all the way from Danger Point to Hermanus, Betty’s Bay and in clear weather conditions even Cape Point. The stylish airy Atlantic Garden Rooms with almost the same panoramic vistas have direct access to the heated pool and the sandy beach, which is only a short stroll down through lovely Fynbos.
Relax and lose yourself
Crayfish Lodge is designed for all-year-round enjoyment. We want our guests to feel at home by using the generous lounge area, the sea view Atlantic Veranda and the pool deck – perfect to soak up the sun. Our guests are welcome to join Aqua Gym classes during the hot season, experience relaxing massages and toning facials. Or enjoy your private spa bath with a glass of Champagne while being soothed by relaxing music, conducted in the privacy of your bathroom (rooms with bathtub only). You will feel refreshed, nourished, grounded and recharged for all your holiday activities.
Of course we also book tables at our partner restaurant and all the other lovely restaurants nearby. Or serve a sundowner bite with a bottle of local wine on your balcony or patio.
Only 1.5 hours from Cape Town International Airport and 30 minutes from Hermanus, Crayfish Lodge is the perfect Gansbaai accommodation spot on your way along the famous Garden Route.
Memories to last a lifetime
Situated above Stanford’s Cove, along the dramatic cliffs of De Kelders, Crayfish Lodge offers so much more than just beautiful Gansbaai accommodation. Our area has it all; a rich sea life, deserted beaches, rare fynbos with Milkwood forests and lovely wineries in the neighbourhood. Pick your favourite from a wide range of unforgettable experiences, which we will gladly organise for you:
- Boat and land-based whale watching
- Great White shark viewing and cage diving
- Sea safaris to the “Marine Big Five”, which includes whales, dolphins, penguins, Cape Fur seals and Great White sharks
- Scenic flights to Cape Agulhas – the southernmost tip of Africa
- Unique coastal walk – a 7 km hike, the coastal Duiwelsgat Trail, accessible directly from the lodge
- Beach walks at Walker Bay Nature Reserve, a spectacular 14 km stretch of unspoilt coastline
- Horseback riding (also on the beach)
- Overberg wine route / wine & food pairing / vineyard safari. Day trip to visit some of the many wineries of the Walker Bay wine area
- Quad biking through picturesque vineyards
- River cruises on the Kleinriver in Stanford
- Sea kayak trips along the shore
If you have any questions regarding our guest house or anything to ask, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will gladly be of assistance.
Crayfish Lodge is a luxury guest house equivalent to an international 5-star standard.
Graded 5* in the ‘Guest House’ category by the local ‘Tourism Grading Council of South Africa’, TGCSA